Elizabeth's Baptism! (December 22nd 2013)

Myself, Liz and Lisi
It all started with a Facebook message on November 27th 8:46pm "Hey, uh, so this is weird and everything but like say I was kind of curious about maybe becoming a Mormon.
Who would I talk to? Do I just like, call the church or something? 

Like idk I just keep seeing all your instagram pictures and stuff and I've never seen someone so happy because of their faith and it makes me wonder if maybe it'll make me that happy"
I can't even put in words how absolutely ecstatic I was when I got this message!
The following Wednesday (December 4th 2013) she was to be meeting with the missionaries in her area, that night I got a message from her saying "Guess what?!" with a picture of a calender and on it, was her baptismal date for the December 22nd 2013! I seriously jumped and screamed of excitement, I seriously had no words to describe the feeling, complete and utter joy would be an understatement. 
I went to one of the discussions and met the missionaries (Elder Gines and Elder Murdock and also Lisi who had been to the previous discussions and also baptized her today) had an amazing spirit filled lesson, and now today came!
Liz and Lisi both look so radiant in their whites!
She was so excited! Bursting out the seams of excitement even! After church, it was a case of "It's actually happening in a hour", she was scared she was going to faint or puke, I told her she would be fine! We got her ready and took photos, a whole heap of her family came! Which was so amazing! 
We had the opening hymn "There is Sunshine in My Soul Today" and her Great Aunt Lynne had the opening talk. The time was here!!! I braid her hair and tuck it down the jump suit, and walk out so I can get a good view of it all. I squeeze my way through and I see her walk down into the font, Both Liz and Lisi were so nervous! The prayer was said and she went down, all was good!... until her knee popped up, she came up and she had to do it again, I remind her to bend her knees. She goes down, she comes up and says "Did it work?", everyone clapped and smiled, there were tears from a few of us (of course), but there it is LIZ HAS BEEN BAPTIZED! (she will be confirmed next Sunday). I walk into the bathrooms and give her the best hug I can without getting saturated, there were tears! From both of us, she got ready and we went out, and now it was my time to talk, I talked about The Holy Ghost and how we can recognize it and how he is there to comfort us. I bore my testimony to her, I wanted my talk to be for Liz, she had tears with a massive smile on her face and thanked me afterwards, so I take it she enjoyed it. Some people bore testimony and then we closed up with "Amazing Grace".
I can't even begin to imagine how she must be feeling, but I am so proud of her and happy for her, I feel so honored to be a part of this journey. This will be a day she never forgets (or a day I never forget) and will hold close to her heart always, today her life changed and for a brilliant better. To help her come closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, to find that blazing faith she has, it is so wonderful! She is seriously a spiritual powerhouse! And will bless the lives of all those who come into her life.

I know that this church is true, and I'm so grateful for the gospel in my life. I know that Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father live, and that they answer prayers. I'm grateful for the Holy Ghost for the witness that it has given me of the truth of these things. I know the Book of Mormon to be the word of God, I know Thomas S. Monson is a called prophet of God and that Joseph Smith restored this true and wonderful gospel. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen. 

4 comments:

  1. Soooo good! :) You're an awesome example.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly thank Heavenly Father for bringing you into my life every day in my prayers. Your joy and the person you are makes you a living testimony, and that's what will make you a wonderful Missionary. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What, I didn't even see this! My gosh you're amazing! I love you so much girl, you're amazing and you've been such a blessing in my life. Thank you so much <3

      Delete